All of the events and activities (detailed below) are free and open to the public. One thing that differentiates this series from the plethora of fitness expos that come to the city, is that, it's family-friendly! Not saying that the Arnold Classic isn't - but it's focus is more along the lines of awareness and not competition. So, the convention center is likely not going to be full of muscle-bound bodybuilders, lol. I'm definitely looking forward to sitting in on some of the discussions and participating in the virtual Nascar and rock-climbing exhibits, with the family. I hope to see some of you there!
Saturday, Aug. 21
- 11am: Dr. Yvonne Gustafson, PhD, Metro Parks will discuss "Why Talking Doesn't Work."
- Noon: Farmer Citizens Bank presents "Financial Fitness."
- 2pm: Central Ohio Nutrition presents discussion on "Weight Loss."
- 3pm: Gerald Greenspan, Columbus Fitness Consultants presents "Fitness 101."
- 4pm: Central Ohio Primary Care presents "General Medicine Panel Discussion."
- 11am: Cheryl Rapose, M.Ed.LISW, Metro Parks discusses "Mindfulness: Creating Moments of Ease."
- 1pm: Central Ohio Nutrition presents discussion on "Weight Loss."
- 2pm: Central Ohio Primary Care presents "General Medicine Panel Discussion.
- 4pm: Farmers Citizens Bank presents "Financial Fitness."
Saturday, Aug. 21
11am: 10TV's Dom Tiberi, Woody Johnson from WCOL Radio and Charles Farmer from CODA will host "Cooking With Diabetes," offering healthy tips and tricks.
- 1pm: Pamela Anderson, a correspondent for "USA Weekend" magazine and an author of food-related books will discuss "Perfect One Dish Dinners: All You Need For Easy Get-Togethers.
- 3pm: Bethenny Frankel, natural foods chef, television personality and author, who is now seen on "The Real Housewives of New York City" and "Bethenny Getting Married?" will appear
Sunday, Aug. 22
- 2pm: Pamela Anderson, a correspondent for "USA Weekend" magazine and an author of food-related books will discuss Perfect Recipe For Losing Weight and Eating Great
- Demonstration Stage & Celebrity Interviews
- Fitness Age Challenge
- Rock-Climbing Wall
- Virtual Golf, Nascar and Tour of the Heart Exhibits